We know that the most valuable gift you can give is your time!
Have you considered volunteering at one of our programs, or on our Management Board? Many of our volunteers say it is the most rewarding thing they do! Reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator Kim at 613-235-4351 ext:225 Get ready to give back, make a difference, and share your talents to make our community stronger.
Whether you have a few hours to give once in a while or every week, we can find a fit with your availability.
Here is a short list of typical Volunteer roles, but if you have talents not listed here don’t hesitate to send your ideas!
- Do you want help on the front-line? Assisting with program delivery involves engaging with participants through planned activities and one-on-one interactions, games, and crafts.
- Reception hospitality – friendly helpful folks are always needed for our busy hub at the reception desks.
- Kitchen Support – people who like to prepare nutritious meals are needed for meal or snack prep, coffee, tea, and serving meals.
- Party Planner skills? We have events! Volunteers help at occasional special events, holiday meals and picnics, and monthly community meals.
- Green thumbs are needed for our gardening program.
- Do you have finance, admin, or organization skills? You can provide valuable help with “back office” support.
- We always need handy-type power-tool-wielding friends who can help with minor repairs.
- If you are interested in community advocacy and have management and leadership experience you might bring your talents to our Management Board of volunteers.
- Do you have a Tech or I.T. background? Donate a few hours and you’ll easily achieve “hero of the week” on our sites.
Love to see you work with us!